On my last article i discussed on ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy.Today am going to major on options you have after realizing you are pregnant.
If you think you are pregnant,it is definitely the right time to do a pregnancy test.You can do a pregnancy test from the first day you miss your periods. Doing it earlier might give you false results since the human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) may be too low meaning the result might be negative even though you are pregnant.
If you don’t know when your next period is due, the earliest time to do a test is three weeks (21 days) after unprotected sex.
You can get a pregnancy test from a chemist and do it yourself or ask it be done for you.A pregnancy test in Kenya goes for 50kshs
So what to do if you are pregnant.
You have a couple of options on what to do with the pregnancy.
- Continue with the pregnancy and keep the baby
- Continue with the pregnancy and give it up for adoption
You need to talk to your partner,a friend,a relative,your parents or anyone that you are not close to so as to get accurate information on your options.
While making a decision,you need to consider your life now and your future.
Another way of thinking about your situation is to consider how the statements below make you feel:
- I feel ready to be a parent and bring up a child.
- I don’t want to be pregnant.
- Having a baby will stop me doing the things in my life that are most important to me.
- I do want to have a baby one day but I’d rather wait (because I feel I’m too young, or I’d like to be in a committed relationship).
- I am willing to give up other things in my life in order to bring up a child.
- My family would help me if I have a baby.
- My family wouldn’t approve if I have a baby.
- My partner wants to have a baby with me.
- I couldn’t go through with an abortion.
- I agree with abortion.
- I’m worried this might be my only chance to have a baby.
- I wouldn’t be able to give my baby away.
Whatever you decide it needs to be right for you.
Watch out for the next article where am going to discuss on the abortion option.